If you are thinking about creating a new website or redesigning an existing one, it is important to choose a platform that will suit your needs for the long term. Choosing a good content management system (CMS) for your site will provide flexibility and allow you to regularly update your site with ease.
With so many open-source CMS options available, which one do you choose? For a quick comparison, DeviousMedia has designed a very useful infographic that compares three of the most popular open source platforms: WordPress, Joomla! and Drupal.
For many applications, WordPress is the ideal solution. Here are some key facts from the infographic:
- WordPress is used by some of the major websites including Time, Wall Street Journal, MTV Newsroom and Ford.
- With over 14,000 plug-ins, WordPress has nearly double the amount of plug-ins than Joomla! and Drupal.
- There are close to 1,400 theme options, which makes it easy for users to change the look and feel of their website.
- Out of the top million websites, 14.3% runs WordPress; only 2.7% run Joomla! and 1.6% run Drupal.
- It costs less to setup and maintain a WordPress site.
- There are over 30 million global monthly Google searches for WordPress.
- WordPress has a very powerful out-of-box SEO strength. Our favorite is the All-in-One-SEO Pack.
- WordPress is easy to install, use and maintain.
Which open-source backend platform suits your needs?
Click the image to enlarge it.